Thursday, August 2, 2007

the beauty of birth



I just recently had the privilege of attending/helping out with the birth of Colin & Grace's son. What an amazing experience! Now I know I have had 4 births of my own, but there is something remarkably different and just as rewarding about being an observer/helper instead of the one actually giving birth. I was able to enjoy things that I wasn't able to with my own births because I was so involved in the experience. (go figure!) It's so neat to have been able to be on both sides. I have only made it to one other birth before this and it was only after Dove (my first) was born so since then I have had 3 more babies and I feel like I was able to enjoy this experience all the more. It's crazy how emotionally connected I felt to Grace and what she was going through but at the same time not being physically connected. It was kinda nice for once. :) Just to be able to see the miracle and the joy that giving birth brings brought it all back to me. Thank you Colin & Grace for letting me be apart of something so precious to you.

6 comments:

MommyJamie said...

What's his name?

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami Crawford said...

They just named him. Elias Samuel "Eli"

stephy said...

That is so radical, for lack of a better, more profound word. (Is Colin wearing pants in that picture?)

Kami Crawford said...

Yes! He's wearing his swim trunks, silly. But Grace isn't wearing any.

Unknown said...

It was great having you there, Kami, for Colin and I both. I hope that you can be there for future births, God willing. Of course, by the time we have our next one you might have 10+ kids!! Thanks again! It was a blessing to have you be a part of it.