Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hmmmmm...Fasting

I don't know why it's so hard for me to keep up a blog, but it is!

Part of it is I like to use pictures to tell stuff and all our pics are on Ben's computer and so it's harder to find time to transfer the pics to my computer.

I'd thought I'd just go for it anyways...

Ben and I started the Master Cleanse last Wednesday and only made it to Sunday night. We made buffalo chicken strips and ate them together at 11pm. Believe me, food NEVER tasted so good. It was almost worth it for just that moment. So the reason why we cut it short was that neither one of us was doing it for the cleanse part, well at least that wasn't our first reason for doing it. And if you don't know anything about the Master Cleanse your supposed to do it for 10 days to have the full effect. (I know there's a lot of controversy on whether or not the thing even works or is dangerous...etc.) We both realized that the reason we were doing it was more for fasting purposes. And after four days we both felt that it served its purpose. That was the first time that I ever did any type of hard-core fasting. (I guess it's not as hard-core as not eating anything) Well, I learned a ton! And Ben and I both agreed that we wanted to do something like this on a more regular basis. I learned all the ways I viewed food that were healthy and unhealthy. It made me realize that in a land of plenty (and our human nature) it is so easy to overdue things and use them for the wrong reasons. And I know for me that happens with more than just food. I hope that I can hold onto the things that I've learned. One way to make sure that happens is to keep fasting on a regular basis from things. It's only when you take things away that you realize what a hold it had on you to begin with.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We're cleansed more by the blood of Christ not so much by Lemons & Pepper.

Kami Crawford said...

Ha, true true, but don't forget the maple syrup! That was the best part.

stephy said...

I'm thinking about you guys eating those buffalo chicken strips when you were starving! So awesome. Even if you didn't do 10 days of it, it sounds like a neat way to get perspective.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heathertreas said...

Man, sounds awesome, way to go Kamster

Megs said...

hi kami!
love your blog!!
and it was SOOO good to see you! Thanks for having us!
I like the look of that group starting on sunday.
happy eating!
love meg