Friday, September 5, 2008

Living in community and in a body

Our friends Rainbow and Jeff have been living with us since the end of June. It's been crazy but also fantastic. There is just something that living with another couple brings into your life than if you're living solo. It of course helps that Rainbow and I are such good friends. Apparently, according to Meyer's Briggs she is my pedagogue. I should've married her :) God sure does have a sense of humor. Ben and I are so completely opposite. In some ways I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure we challenge each other like no other. But sometimes the differences can be rather painful.

Living in a body rocks! I had no idea what I was missing these last 27 years. I see so clearly how God intended for us to live interdependently with one another. VERY contrary to what our American culture teaches us to be, which is VERY individualistic. I find it challenging to fight against what comes natural to me in growing up in our culture. God has taken us on a journey that we're still on. I see him directing us every step of the way. HE is placing the body parts together. It's so amazing to see this and be apart of it. It is crazy to actually be able to relate to these verses in the Bible that talk about living in a body: 1 Corinthians 12 and 14. Right now our body consists of 4 couples but I have faith that God will only add to that number whoever He wants and in His timing and in His way. These 4 couples came together completely from God. I don't see how it could've happened any other way.

Some pics of Dove and Memory, Rainbow and Jeff and their girls, Lavinia and Sunshine:






4 comments:

Unknown said...

immediately after ben took this picture the whole sandwich fell apart ON YOUR FLOOR.

i cleaned it up.

but i was worried for a while.

Ben Crawford said...

that means less sex for me... >=(

Our growing family said...

When we first moved to the city we are living in right now, we moved in with the in-laws until we found a place...it was a small home, but overall the whole experiance was really nice because they both worked, so I would cook dinner (which I always did at home anyway) and she came home and didn't have to do that so she would clean up the mess after dinner (which I usually did anyway), so it was like we both got a break-loved it!
I have often been saddened by how much in America we are independent...it would be nice to share resources and such. I just don't know if I could make such a lifestyle change...or who would ever want to do it with our crazy bunch!
you will have to post more on this...I would love to hear your experiance...the joys and struggles! =)

Our growing family said...

Sure! Here is my business email addy: threetreephotography@hotmail.com
I can get your email on there and then send an email through my personal addy...I just don't like to post it online for the world to be able to send emails to!
Hope you are having a good day!