Thursday, May 14, 2009

God is alive and active among us!

Do I really believe this? I think sometimes I don't. And my life sometimes reflects this. Often, in fact. What if I really believed that God is among us? Every second of every day, He is there. He is present. And He is powerful. He is using His power in my life. Do I believe this? Sort of. Not really, but I want to. My life would look different if I believed this strongly. I know that much. What if I believed He had so much power and care that He can heal and is healing today? What if I believed that not only can He heal my heart, He could heal my body. He can make a lame man walk. And He is doing these things today. What if I believed this? He can make my broken heart whole. What if I believed He is doing this right now? I can actually testify to this.

This passage of Scripture is what stirred this up in me:

"Peter went off on a mission to visit all the churches. In the course of his travels he arrived in Lydda and met with the believers there. He came across a man-his name was Aeneas-wh0 had been in bed eight years paralyzed. Peter said, 'Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and make your bed!' And he did it-jumped right out of bed. Everybody who lived in Lydda and Sharon saw him walking around and WOKE UP TO THE FACT THAT GOD WAS ALIVE AND ACTIVE AMONG THEM." Acts 9: 32-35

We need to wake up! You who are called sons and daughters of the King wake up and see what He is doing in and around us!

2 comments:

Our growing family said...

Hi Kami,
I loved this post (and the ones before it...I hadn't been on your site in awile, so I read the past two or so also), I feel like that is just what I needed to hear right now. Lately I have felt really overwhelmed with dealing with Keaton. I even try to change my mindset from, "Why Lord did you give me THE MOST DIFFICULT child I have ever seen?" to, "You must have known I was up for a challenge and could handle him with Your help."
I loved reading the Holy Spirit and how the Lord is active among us. I need to remember this and trust Him more. I do feel like I have been depending on my strength and wisdom...which runs out and is usually pretty dumb. =)
God must be working in our lives in pretty similar ways! =)
I'll be praying for you!
blessings!

Kami said...

Tarena- That is awesome. I'm glad what God is doing in my life is an encouragement to you. Likewise, I love reading your blog. There are definitely a lot of similarities in our lives and in what God is teaching us. Praying for you too!