Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Prayer

I want to have this be my prayer every day. I got this from the Crazy Love book that I'm reading. Which is awesome and you should read it. It really puts life into perspective.

"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied
me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious
of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of
desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long
to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still.
Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee
indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to
my soul, 'Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.'
Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this
misty lowland where I have wandered so long."
A.W. Tozer The Pursuit of God

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

oh! I have that book on my list to read one day!
but, i do have the pursuit of god...I should go reread it!
so beautiful.

amyanne said...

Loved Crazy Love! Nice to meet you. I just read through your blog - great stuff. Funny.

My husband met your husband last night via the Bakers. :)

Kami said...

Hey Amy, Yeah, it will be great to meet in person sometime.